The Holt Family is a family of five (six, including Arnold, the family pet, who is a pitbull) who joined the 39 Clues Hunt. They're known to be buff, strong, not very bright (in some cases), and speedy. Eisenhower seems to be the leader.
The Holt family is one of the nine teams to accept the challenge from the will of Grace Cahill in 'The Maze of Bones' and joined the search for the 39 Clues. They are the only Tomas team, and are usually shown as brawny with little brains and big muscles. However, Hamilton is revealed to have a talent for working with computers, especially hacking. In the beginning, they all fought together as a family, but later on in the books, Hamilton started to make his own decisions and made an alliance with Amy and Dan Cahill. They were the first ones to access the island.
Later, after the Clue Hunt, Hamilton and his family enter the Mt. Fuji, Tomas stronghold despite their outcast reputation. Working for the Madrigals now, they overpower Ivan Kleister's taunts and commands and begin to tell the other fellow Tomas in the stronghold about how making the Cahill family united again was the number one priotity and how the Clue Hunt has been poisoning the family for generations.
They are very strong and talented in physical activities.
- Eisenhower Holt - Father
- Mary-Todd Holt - Mother
- Hamilton Holt - Son
- Reagan Holt - Daughter
- Madison Holt - Daughter
- Arnold - Family pet
- Buchanan Holt - Grandfather (deceased)
- Garfield Holt (from the Tomas Archives in the Cahill Web)
Clue Known to HaveEditIn Into the Gauntlet, it is confirmed that they had 11 Clues. However, there are seven Clues that they are confirmed to have found in the first nine books and one Clue that they found in Book 10:
- 0.125 fluid ounces of iron solute - given to all teams in Book 1.
- 0.0352739619 fluid ounces of molten amber - found during their alliance with Dan and Amy in Book 5.
- 1 sprig of rosemary - found in Book 2? (book is not revealed)
- 0.25 ounces of wormwood - found in Book 4? (book is not reavealed)
All of the Holts are named after famous politicians.
- Eisenhower Holt - Dwight D. Eisenhower
- Mary-Todd Holt - Mary-Todd Lincoln (Abraham Lincoln's wife)
- Hamilton Holt - Alexander Hamilton
- Madison Holt - James Madison
- Reagan Holt - Ronald Reagan
- Arnold - Benedict Arnold
- Buchanan Holt - James Buchanan
NOTE: Mary-Todd Holt is the only one to be named after the first name of one of the figures, and is also named after the lone female, Mary-Todd Lincoln.