|Relationships:||The Cahill Family|
|First Appears In:||Vespers Rising|
|Last Appears In:||Vespers Rising|
Jane Cahill founded the Janus Branch. She was the youngest known to the five original Cahills, being born in 1497 which means she was 10 when the Cahills split up. She had a very close relationship with her older brother, Luke. He honestly cared about her music and writing, and she loved him for that. Jane was heartbroken. Then, she left the island in order to explore her talents. But Jane quickly realized that it was difficult to be an artist in London because she was a woman. Because of that, she disguised herself as a boy and Jane (named John in disguise) became one of the most famous stars in England.
Her older sister, Katherine, described her as "Too young, too fanciful, to make it on her own." Her symbol is a wolf and her prized possession was a golden harp which she never let go of.
"Arts above all"
- Gideon Cahill - Father (deceased)
- Olivia Cahill - Mother (deceased)
- Luke Cahill - Brother (deceased)
- Thomas Cahill - Brother (deceased)
- Katherine Cahill - Sister (deceased)
- Madeleine Cahill - Sister (deceased)
- Toyotomi Hideyoshi - nephew (deceased)
- Louisa - Sister-in-law (deceased)
- William Shakespeare - great nephew (deceased)
- Winthrop Cahill - nephew (deceased)
- Mary Arden - niece (deceased)
- Keiko - sister-in-law (deceased)
- Jonah Wizard -grandson x22
- All other members of the Cahill family.
Appearance and PersonalityEdit
Jane loved music and the arts, especially writing, drawing, and painting. She has a great mistrust of family. In the books, Amy and Dan comment how Jonah Wizard's eyes look exactly like Jane's.
- Jane was accomplished in the arts, which included drawing, painting, writing and music.
- Jane may also have had knowledge of fighting techniques, since most martial arts are mastered by Janus members.
- When Jane fled to the mainland, she pretended to be a boy because women, and more so ten-year-old-girls, were not taken seriously as artists. She used the alias, "John."
- Jane had a good influence on Winthrop Cahill, her brother Luke's son. He loved her music and had, as Olivia would say, "A jot of Jane."