The Jefferson Puzzle, also known as the Cahill Fire Painting, is a picture of the Cahill Fire and is obtainable via the cards in the books. Each book has a Jefferson Puzzle Piece on the back of one of the cards and when all ten cards from all ten books are arranged in the correct order they make a picture of the Cahill Fire .
- At the bottom of the Sakhet in the bushes there is a signed name spelled Kylob. Other than that it is believed that Fiske Cahill made it because of the initials on one puzzle piece.
- The name of the Jefferson Puzzle was coined by the fact that the first piece of the puzzle from 'The Maze of Bones' has a front of the plan of the Jefferson Memorial. Thus the puzzle earned the nickname the 'Jefferson Puzzle.'
- the man in red is Luke Cahill, the girl in Green is Jane, the man in blue is Thomas, the girl in yellow is Katherine, the woman in gray is Olivia, and in the visible inside of the house, you can see Gideon. In the top right corner, there is a man shrouded in black. That is Damien Vesper I
- It is possible that this painting is a combination of many different parts. The entire card 6, a man in black stands in a graveyard, much like the Man in Black (Fiske) who watched as Grace's mansion burned. THis theory can be supported by its connecting card. In card 19, The silhouette of 3 forms are running through the smoke, Amy leading the way, followed by Dan and Saladin, running from Grace's burning mansion. Finally, in card 220, you can see the silhouette of Grace's plane.
- It is very possible that each of the 39 clues is hidden within the painting=== Honey; Hydrogen; Silver Pepper; Mercury-Card 165: The red book has the alchemy symbol; Wormwood; Barley; Quartz; Cobra Venom-Card 165: The curved flask in the bottom-left corner. Turn the card to see the black form become a snake head with 2 drops of venom in it's mouth; Magnesium; Uranium; Water; Phosphorus-Card 78: The book in Katherine's hand has the alchemy symbol; Copper; Vinegar; Gold-Card 211: The blue book has the alchemy symbol; Iodine; Iron Solute-Card 33: Represented by the lightning (book 1); Liquid Silk; Myrrh; Mace; Bone; Rosemary; Aloe; Sulfur; Calcium Carbonate; Salt; Tungsten; Lead-Card 111: The purple book has the alchemy symbol; Cocoa; Serum Formula; Zinc; Pearl-Card 165: The big white orb; Clover; Blood; Platinum; Melted Amber; Mint; Lily
The full Cahill Fire Painting